You can limit your teachers’ ability to create new student accounts and add or remove students from their rosters with the Teacher Roster Control setting.
If you are a primary administrator, you can update these settings by doing the following:
- Sign in to your account.
- Navigate to Account Management and click on the Settings tab.
- Navigate to the Teacher Roster Control section.
- Select from the options available to you, described below:
- Full teacher access: Teachers will be able to make changes to their roster, including creating new student accounts.
- Limited teacher access: Teachers can only add students with existing IXL accounts to their roster.
- Administrators only: Teachers cannot add or remove students from their roster. All changes will need to be made by an administrator.
If your roster data is imported through an integration such as Clever or Classlink, we recommend that changes to that data be made from the source system. Customisation of teacher rosters and classes within the IXL platform is still possible, and the Teacher Roster Control setting can be used to grant or limit this ability for teachers.